I AM A MEDIA MAXI-PAD ABSORBING THE CONTINUAL FLOW OF POP CULTURE.

THIS JOURNAL DOCUMENTS MY INTAKE OF ONE BOOK, ZINE, CD OR DVD A DAY. RATINGS ARE: ***** = Godhead, **** = Great, *** = Good, ** = Fair, * = Why Bother?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wake (****)


Dead Can Dance
Wake: The Best of Dead Can Dance

My GF turned me on to this Australian guy-gal duo and I've discovered it's great background music when I'm reading and an effective chill-down when I'm trying to fall asleep. I had this 26-track "best of" CD lying around for months until I went to a Charles Village garage sale around the corner from Chris Jensen's place and bought a music video compilation that had "Yulunga" on it. It was very "World Music"-sounding and, in fact, used images from the film Baraka. I think it was also on that film's soundtrack. Beautiful relaxing stuff. Thanks Amy!

Oh, and here's the the "Yulunga" video:

No comments: